Google+

Friday, January 18, 2013

Sneak Peek #2 by Erin

Happy Friday everyone!  It's Erin's turn to show us how she used our February Kit, "Royal Tea Party".  The full kit won't be revealed until later this month.  The add-ons sold out quickly, but the patterned paper by Maja Design and a few of the individual add-ons can be purchased in our store.

Like so many of you, we love flowers here at C'est Magnifique, but that doesn't mean you can't create boy layouts with our kits.  Erin's layout is a perfect example!

"Boy" by Erin Blegen

I always have to find a way to make these beautiful kits masculine (at least once!), which is what I was going for on this layout. I love the vintage feel of the cream paper with all the little black hearts, as well as the navy paper. I knew that by adding some book pages and a bunch of layers, I could accomplish a masculine/vintage look to capture the essence of my baby boy just six months ago. He has grown SO much in that time that it almost saddens me to look at this precious photo. I also wanted to show you the versatility this kit offers! At first glance, it appears to be predominantly purple, when in fact there are so many amazing, rich colors to pick from and combine in a variety of ways!


 From the Flower Add-On:
Prima: Coventry: Serene
Prima: Botanical: Marri
Prima: Larkspur: Sherwood Rose
Manor House Creations: Romance

From the Embellishment Add-On:
Prima: Resin: Marvelle
Prima: Craftsman: Velvet Trinkets

3 comments: