Google+

Monday, June 17, 2013

An Unexpected Layout with July Kit from Svetlana Austin

Hi, everyone! 
Svetlana Austin is here today with my first post and my first project for C'est Magnifique Kits.
But first I want to introduce myself.


 So here it is. My name is Svetlana Austin. 
I am a Russian girl who ended up living in hot South Africa for the past 11 years. 
I met my husband while he was doing mission work in Russia. 
We have 2 beautiful sons who keep us busy and fill our lives with sunshine 
(not that we have lack of it in the northern part of our country). 
I was always creative. I tried many different crafts but once I was introduced to scrapbooking by my friend, 
I never stopped. It was 9 years ago. 
I defiantly love to create layouts about my little boys the most. 
My aim is to reflect their personalities through my work. 
I love to make real boy’s layouts full of colors and details. 
I like to use paint and sprays in my projects, as well as hand-stitching. 
Sometimes I like to make very romantic and feminine layouts about myself or about my girl-friends. 
It allows me to express the stuff that I personally like. 
My scrapbooking style is always determined by photographs I use and what kind of story 
I would like to tell through my project. 
I had a pleasure to design for various Russian and international challenge blogs, as well as for some manufacturers. 
You can visit my blog at Colorful Memories 

I am very thankful and honored to be part of an amazing team at C'est Magnifique Kits!

"Unexpected" by Svetlana Austin

Evidence paper from UHK was the main inspiration for this layout. 
I wanted to create something a bit "different". 
I had this idea of making a collage style page with a lot of different elements. 
Once I decided on a photograph for this project, which didn't take me too long, 
I knew exactly how I want it to be. 
This picture was taken by my mom during my last visit to Russia. 
We went for picnic in the forest and on the way there we found an amazing display of graffiti paintings under a bridge. It was very bright, really well done and totally unexpected. So is my layout. 
There are a lot of interesting but totally unexpected elements on it. 
The bright and colorful photo also comes very unexpectedly on the black and white background. 
I created the background by layering different papers, stamps and gesso applied through the mask 
a couple of times. 


Here are a couple of close-up images



Thank you for stopping by! 
Make sure to come back again for more inspiration from our team with brand new July kit.


3 comments:

  1. О, Светлана! Это великолепно! хотя и необычно для тебя, но в твоем стиле... много деталей, все продумано, все сочетается...! Класс!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Светлана, очень люблю Ваши работы! А та, очень Неожиданная страница! завораживает!

    ReplyDelete